Looking for a self fill empty advent calendars?
Traditional advent calendars were mainly aimed at children and contained religious images or chocolates, but the trend of non-traditional advents promise luxury gifts for adults and cover almost every type of product, from dog treats to gin, wax melts to socks.
The luxury beauty brands, including Lush, Look Fantastic and Charlotte Tilbury, have just launched their advent calendar's (in August!!) Expect the other big beauty and lifestyle brands to do so in the next few weeks.
It looks like the luxury advent is the trend that seems set to stay, so why are calendars such a great idea for brands and e-commerce businesses?
Here we look at some of the reasons why an advent calendar is a great addition to your brand:
1. Capitalise on popularity:
The non-traditional calendar is a desirable product, so why not jump on the trend? People love buying these original gifts for themselves and for others. It’s a great way to add fun, excitement and a surprise gift as the festive season begins (which is great for increasing your revenue and encouraging people to spend well before December)
2. Promoting your products to a new audience:
A gifted calendar can introduce you to new customers as well as increasing sales from existing customers. The key is to put your most desirable and popular products inside, the idea being that these will get the customer to fall in love with the brand, and seek you out to discover more about your products.
3. 24-day visibility:
The recipients will be reminded of your brand, in their home or workplace, for the whole of the festive period, what’s not to love about that. Make sure your packaging has an impact and you will be memorable!
4. #Advent Calendar:
There are over 1.1 million Instagram hashtags for advent calendars and this trend seems set to grow again this year with the luxury brands, from Yankee Candle to Harrods, launching their festive offerings already!
Capitalise on the seventeen million millennials in the UK, 64% of which are using Instagram. Catherine Shuttleworth, of shopping research consultancy Savvy, says that "Millennials are used to having chocolate ones as kids and now they are grown up they want adult ones”. If you make your advent attractive or unique then people will want to share with their followers on their social media platforms, this brings free advertising and promotion for your brand.
5. The margins:
It is all about perception with gift sets! If you package your products behind the windows of a beautifully packaged advent calendar, you can sell this gift set at a much higher price point than what you would charge for the same product simply placed on a shelf.
But make sure that you check these potential pitfalls- watch out for:
Not meeting expectations:
When popular influencer Zoella sold Christmas advent calendars for £50, her followers were the first to criticize her when they felt the product was poor value for money. Make sure that you set your price point at a sensible figure so that your consumers feel they are getting value or that the cost is worth the luxury product within.
Goods arriving damaged:
If one of the products or packaging arrives damaged, the calendar may hurt your brand and reputation. We have designed special sized postal outers and additional platforms that sit within the advents to ensure your products arrive in perfect condition.
How can Meridian help?
Whether you are selling soaps, wax melts or jam, we are able to offer you a range of different options for your own custom advent, from stock packaging to customised designs.
Off the shelf: If this is your first foray into advent calendars then you might want to just dip your toe in and see how they sell for the first year. We have 3 x sizes on offer that will suit a variety of products:
- Standard 24 day advent- the tray inside has cavities sized at- 33x30x20mm (L/W/D)- This is ideal for chocolate truffles, fudge. pralines or wax melts.
- NEW 12 day countdown advent- tray inside has cavities sized at- 33x30x20mm (L/W/D)- This is ideal for higher value items such as wax melts, cosmetics or jewelry.
- New Giant advent- the tray inside has cavities sized at- 51x59x44mm (L/W/D)- This is ideal for 40g mini jars or candle votives, with the packaging being strong enough to contain 24 heavier products.
Looking to print your own advent?
If you know that you want a personalised advent calendar then we have several options, all our options are available with a 2-3 week turn-around time once you have signed off on your artwork:
- Foil block your logo onto our stock: This is the most cost-effective way of adding your logo to our advents. MOQ is 100 units and the cost starts at just £0.25p per advent plus tooling.
- Print your own design: Send over your own artwork and use our cutter to save on tooling costs. Be creative and use printing or foiling, or a combination of both. This is most cost-effective on orders over 1k units.
- Go fully bespoke: Got an idea for an advent that is a little different? Need something to hold an unusual product? We have helped our customers design and manufacture all styles of advents, from triangle shaped calendars to special drawer style advents. We have even manufactured advents to count down Ramadan with 30 windows.
We have designed advent calendars for everything from chocolates to wax melts, dog treats to jewellery.
If you have an idea then why not get in touch and we can help you bring your idea to life.