5 Ways to Boost Valentine's Sales for your Small Business
In the absence of any lockdown relaxation from the Government, it looks like this year millions of us will be spending Valentine's together at home or distanced away from loved ones. If you're not already capitalising on Valentine's Day, then you are truly missing out. The estimated annual consumer spend tops £650 million!
Whether your customers are honouring the tradition of expressing love through a box of chocolates or sending friends a 'Galentine's day' gift, our packaging range is designed to inspire gifting and unite everyone from love birds to loved ones.
As Valentine’s grows more commercialised, retailers are learning that the day is for more than lovers. There is a rising trend in Galentine’s and Singles Awareness, so any retailer hoping to capitalise on Valentine’s Day should be thinking about how best to obtain this audience too.
Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is difficult to avoid, so if you are not already marketing your products for this Romantic season, here are 5 ways to capitalise this Valentine’s day:
1. Get Online - More than ever, people will be heading online to purchase their Valentine’s gifts. With only essential shops currently open, why not capitalise on all these purchases and set up your business online? There are many avenues for small businesses to get online quickly - from Etsy to Facebook sales. Our Fold-up Box range comes with corresponding postal boxes which can be purchased to simplify sending your online orders.
2. Offer Little Extras - From gift wrapping to handwritten cards, this will be an easy uplift if you already have access to wrapping, ribbons or gift cards. Offering these extras as an added cost for time-strapped customers could be a trouble-free way to boost the average order value and your profit margins! Check out our decorative box finishes - from ribbon to shred fill!
3. Go Themed - We understand you may have specific brand colours that you stick to year-round, but why not view our Valentine’s collection to add a bit of romance to your packaging. As we offer a low minimum order quantity, this allows you to purchase seasonally-themed packaging without the worry of having too much stock left for the rest of the year.
4. Focus on Local - 82% of shoppers conduct ‘near me’ searches for products and services located nearby. Why not capitalise on those conducting last-minute searches for gifts online or offer local drop-offs on scheduled days? Providing the Government continues to allow click and collect, offering this service is an effortless boost for last-minute sales. An easy way to get on the map is to set up a free Google My Business account. The more reviews you have, the more prominent you feature on local map searches.
5. Mix it up with Hampers - To receive a beautifully curated box of goodies is always a treat! Why not offer a range of pre-curated gift boxes or hampers to suit a range of budgets. Pre-packaged gifts allow flustered shoppers to purchase quickly and also reduces the amount of time you spend gift wrapping last-minute orders (essential if you are a solo worker!) Our range of gift hampers and boxes allows you to create thoughtfully curated gifts perfect for a variety of audiences.